Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Control

I can't control everything,
Neither can I take the hurt people fling.
The one thing I thought I had controlled,
I watched it, before me fold.

Wanted to take charge of my life,
The simplest things: a struggle and strife.

Suffocated, envying a butterfly,
Sat wondering, what could that imply.

Then it dawned upon me,
This is what I wanted to be.
To set free and fly high,
Nothing to hold me back, tie.

"Absurd! you can't grow wings", I was told.
Indeed, 'twas but a metaphor for remould.

Convinced, I had this symbol on my etched.
This pain, by choice, upon myself I fetched.

The rush, the surge, getting inked brought.
Unlike any other experience, a revelation sort.

A divine creature, on my back spanned,
After a long time I felt grand.
Resplendent blue wings, steadying and tranquil,
Brought the turbulent waves to a calming still.

Now when I feel I might let slip,
The magnificent wings, they help me grip.

My only regret though, things I didn't do,
Wonderful possibilities, I know I blew.

4 comments:

  1. What Pep ! What a mixture of the old and the new ! Beautifully done, Oh NIECE CYNIC, Well Done ! Keep 'em coming !

    ReplyDelete
  2. wohh...i was hoping to get more on lifez control but it took a sharp turn and shifted on to the butterfly.....
    the core of it is fantastic.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. ajeeb...Your blog is diverse and unpredictable(The butterfly thing...)

    ReplyDelete